Ah summer, time for backyard BBQs, pool parties, and children’s birthday parties. It is also peak season for one of the most annoying outdoor pests, mosquitoes. These blood-sucking insects can carry diseases and are a real pain, especially for children with allergies. At Romans Pest Management, we know you want a pest-free environment for all your summer fun. Don’t waste one more summer evening battling mosquitoes when the professionals at Romans Pest Management can quickly and affordably treat your yard today.
Give us a call for a free inspection. We’ll identify areas of concern and can treat the same day. Our environmentally safe pesticide starts working immediately to rid your backyards of mosquitoes.
Mosquito (Not-So) Fun Facts
- Mosquitoes are attracted to stagnant water so the females can lay their eggs. Some lay near the water’s edge, while others attach their eggs to aquatic plants.
- Each stage of a mosquito’s life cycle typically lasts 5 to 14 days.
- Mosquitoes can transmit diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, West Nile, dengue fever, Zika, and other arboviruses.
- During the heat of the day, most mosquitoes rest in a cool place and wait for the evenings, although they may still bite if disturbed.
- Mosquitoes cause the deaths of over 700,000 people each year.
How to Prevent Mosquitoes
- Clear your yard of any standing water. The typical culprits are items such as old tires, pools, pool covers, and unused ceramic pots.
- Clean your gutters as often as possible.
- Avoid scented lotions, body washes, and perfumes.
- Call a professional for treatment.
Give us a call today for your free inspection and a quote on an affordable treatment plan. Each treatment typically provides four weeks of mosquito-free relief!